Radiesse is an injection product based on calcium hydroxylapatite. It fills in wrinkles, lifts the skin and improves facial imperfections.
An injection of filling products is intended to correct, by a simple and quick means, certain signs of aging or discomfort present on the face, by filling or giving volume where necessary.
Radiesse is a synthetic product that mixes an aqueous gel and calcium hydroxyapatite (CaHa) microspheres.
These microparticles are made up of calcium and phosphate, two elements naturally present in the body.
Radiesse is therefore a substance biocompatible with the human body that resorbs (biodegrades) after injection over time.
Thanks to its composition, Radiesse injections stimulate the production of new collagen and promote the infiltration of skin tissues (derma).
The Radiesse injections cause a corrective effect that fills in wrinkles, corrects volumes and redraws the contours of the face.
Duration of hospital stay
10 minutes to one hour.
No anesthesia is necessary.
Average length of stay
24 to 48 hours.
the injection session can last from 10 minutes to 1 hour.
Every year, nearly 11 million patients go abroad in search of medical care. At MEDICAIM, we provide our patients with access to the best hospitals and doctors around the world. Contact us to learn more about your treatment options.
Ask for your free quote abroad
Start your medical stay by requesting a quote. Our customer service department will help you find the clinic that best suits your needs and get you a quote.
A precise interview will be carried out to look for possible contraindications to certain products (e. g. allergies), to detect elements requiring particular caution (e. g. herpes for labial and perioral infections), or to specify the nature of any previous injections in order to avoid certain dangerous associations of products on the same site. A careful examination is confronted with the patient's request and expectations in order to specify what is achievable and what is illusory.
Aspirin or anti-inflammatory drugs should be avoided within 3 days before injection.
It is best not to drink alcohol or expose yourself to strong sunlight the day before and on the day of the session.
Usually injections are performed without anaesthesia.
However, for certain slightly more painful products, for certain more sensitive patients, or in certain difficult areas (lips and oral perimeter), one of the two existing methods can be used:
• Emla Cream: applied in a thick layer on the areas to be treated at least one hour before the injection, it reduces painful sensations on the surface.
• True local anaesthesia: obtained by injection of an anaesthetic product at the beginning of the session, it alone ensures total insensitivity.
Depending on the practitioner, the number of areas to be treated, the extent of the improvements to be made, and the possible need for anesthesia, the injection session can last from 10 minutes to 1 hour.
In practice, there are several injection techniques and each doctor will adopt a method that is specific to him/her and that he/she adapts to each case to obtain the best results.
In recent years, the use of foam micro-cannulas (non-spitting) instead of conventional needles has been preferred in some cases because they are presumed to be less traumatic for the tissues.
The quantity of product required (number of syringes) is of course extremely variable depending on a wide range of parameters. It will be evaluated as precisely as possible in advance.
In some cases, it is preferable to consider a retouching session after a few days or weeks to optimize the result.
Radiesse smoothes the signs of aging by immediately restoring the volume of the face or hands.
Radiesse is an injectable particularly well suited for:
• Fill in hollow wrinkles (nasolabial folds, bitterness folds)
• Treat sagging skin (jowls, face oval, cheekbones)
• Correct a bump and small irregularities on the nose.
• Fill in hollow rings or chin creases.
• Restore prominence to a receding chin and improve jaw symmetry.
• Rejuvenate the back of the hands.
For the first six hours it is better to stay calm, rest and refrain from any violent effort. It is also advisable to avoid as much as possible mobilizing your face (no facial expressions, don't talk too much or laugh). For a few days it will be better to avoid alcohol, aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs, sun and sauna.
The immediate consequences may possibly be marked by the appearance of oedema (swelling) and skin redness, the extent and duration of which vary greatly according to the products and from one individual to another but which usually remain moderate (not preventing a return to a normal socio-professional life very quickly) and disappear after one to three days. On the lips, however, the oedema, often more pronounced, can sometimes last a week.
More rarely, during the first few days, at the injection sites, a certain sensitivity of the skin, itching, pallor, hyperpigmentation or small occasional bruises can be observed.
It should be noted that in the first few days, there may be some temporary irregularities due to the inhomogeneous distribution of the oedema, or an aspect of hypercorrection (in relief) that will gradually disappear eventually accelerated in this by massages/compressions.
• Allergic reactions: they were essentially the prerogative of collagen and should be avoided by prior testing.
• Local post-injection reactions: we have seen that oedema, redness, pallor, irregularities, tenderness, itching, bruising can sometimes occur. However, these reactions are only temporary.
• Cold sore outbreak: in susceptible subjects.
• Acute or chronic inflammatory reaction: possible after secondary injection in an area that has already been injected with other products, especially non-absorbable products.
• Granulomas: although they have become very rare with current products, this is the most "classic" complication. These are small indurated nodules, more or less sensitive, perceptible to the touch, sometimes visible and unsightly, often appearing "in a rosary" along an injection line. They correspond to a localized inflammatory reaction that can evolve in flare-ups. They may appear a few days to a few weeks after injection.
MEDICAIM organizes your entire stay for you: post-operative nursing care, biological follow-up, therapeutic, nutritional and psychological support.
Any additional questions? Ask your MEDICAIM doctor about it: firstname.lastname@example.org
Certains besoins et pathologies sont plus complexes que d’autres. En cas de doute, faîtes-nous parvenir des informations complémentaires pour établir un devis sur-mesure.Demander un devis
Medical rhinoplasty is an alternative technique to cosmetic surgery to correct the slightest anomalies of the nose with an injection of hyaluronic acid or botulinum toxin.
Hyaluronic acid is nowadays considered as the reference product used in medical volumetric rejuvenation.
Botulinum toxin is a substance that temporarily reduces muscle contraction by acting at the neuro-muscular junction (muscle relaxant action).
Peels use vegetable or chemical substances that, depending on the strength of their active product, their concentration or their duration of application, will destroy the surface layer of the skin....
The word Laser is an acronym that stands for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation.